I have a natural ability to communicate and connect with people whether it is in the board room with politicians or in a riding arena with children with special needs.
- Graduated from Spruce Grove Composite High in 1991, Honors and Law Award
- Attended University of Alberta, Faculty of Education
- Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor
- Organized conferences with international and local speakers
- Certified in Holistic Nutrition
- Studied Soil Health under Dr. Elaine Ingham
- Life Student of Permaculture (the design of sustainable
living, regenerative agriculture and community resilience).
The hardest and most rewarding job I have ever had is raising two successful daughters. Although my daughters are grown now, I understand how challenging it is to maintain the well-being of our children during these turbulent times.
When I started my new life and homestead in Yellowhead County, I fell in love with the land and community right away. At 48, I am currently starting up my Permaculture business as well as designing and planning my sustainable home.
I come from a very strong Finnish heritage and I promise to bring “sisu” to our municipal government. I will help Yellowhead County endure the challenges we face with my determination, courage and inner fortitude – the same qualities of the homesteaders that created Yellowhead County.
I am passionate about people. I am very passionate about children and their future. I believe everyone is important. Everyone brings value to the community. I would be honoured to be Mayor and will bring fresh eyes to council for creative solutions so that together, we can build a resilient community.
“With Sisu, Anything is Possible” – Finnish Proverb